The cats life

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Long ago

I think this happened the first Christmas I had Butterscotch.
Butterscotch was a only cat at that, he was pretty good about the tree. Pretty good about presents etc..
Every year for many years I went over my Best friends and he now husbands for a night before Christmas and exchanged gifts. She at the time had 2 cats she has three now. So the cats exchanged gifts. I had everything wrapped to go over there and in a box. I was actually a deep box as I had bought a big gift. So the cat toys were wrapped and in the box. BS hadn't shown a big liking for nip before so I realy never worried. Well, I was hearing scratching, and more and more while I was sleeping. I went out and he was in the box chewing threw paper to find nip toys. They had mostly fallen to the bottom. But he found one and put the bitey on alot of other gifts. I kinda scaled him and laughed. I did rewrap before we went over. And her cats were short a nip toy.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said…

    Merry Holidays from the
    Big Piney Woods Cats!

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said…

    What a great story!!!! Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Ayla said…

    Happy Belated Christmas! Nip is a good thing. Glad Butterscotch finally discovered its pure enjoyment goodness.

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said…

    Hee, hee! That's a funny story. Two years ago, afore I dopted Mom, Bonnie was sent a catnip mat that she smelled thru a plastic bag, wrappin paper, an a sealed cardboard box that had just traveled from Catifornia to Whiskonsin! Mom was hardly in the door afore Bonnie was dancin round her feet, beggin to get at it. Mom had to put the gifty on a hi shelf to keep Bonnie outa it. When they opened it, Bonnie spent ofur an hour rollin an rubbin wif the mat, makin all kindsa happy noises.

    I's sure it's ok that Butterscotch kept a nip toy fur himself. As fur rewrappin gifts, my mom wouldn't be thrilled. Purrs!

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Susie said…

    WE have a kitty cousin named Butterscotch!

    We wish you a furry happy, healthy, safe, snuggly, flea-free, Temptations-filled New Year!

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said…

    Thanks for sharin' this great story 'bout Butterscotch!
    We wish you a Happy New Year!

     
  • At 2:07 AM, Blogger DK & The Fluffies said…

    Hoppy Mew Year

     

Post a Comment

<< Home